POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : grass and rocks (168kb jpg) : grass and rocks (168kb jpg) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:19:11 EDT (-0400)
  grass and rocks (168kb jpg)
From: stbenge
Date: 26 Jan 2009 21:04:38
Message: <497e6bb6@news.povray.org>
Hello everyone,

I run a lot of tests over here, though very few ever make it to the
public. I figured this image was worth posting, even if it is unfinished.

Grass, rocks. The rocks are a single height_field, tested and created
using a crackle form chart I devised some time ago, and should post
someday. I gave the HF a proximity pattern, which I then used to give it
a more interesting texture.

The grass is a clump composed of a single mesh which was copied, rotated
and translated randomly. The clumps were placed upon the HF using
trace(), and only appear in cracks. This was accomplished using the
aforementioned proximity pattern.

I'm pretty happy with the way it's turning out, and hope to add
something to make the scene more interesting. Coyote scat would be
relevant, but I'm not sure about the appropriateness of adding that :)

Comments and questions are always welcome, though I'm not too sure about
releasing the code, which is a mess.

Sam

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: